We are looking for a licensed Physician assistant (PA) , interested in cutting edge, high quality psychiatry care to work with adults and children in a solo private practice with one physician in the medical center of San Antonio. About the Role
· Experience in Psychiatry is not necessary, we will train
· You will have opportunities to be involved in clinical trial research as a sub-investigator with trials in Psychiatry - We are starting now to develop the clinical research department in our practice
· The mid-level will have the doctor here in the same practice at all times, and will follow the established practice wellness protocols to treat the patients
· You can discuss cases with the physician as often as you would like
· We communicate in the practice through instant message - open communication is maintained at all times
· You will have at least one hour a week dedicated to development - discussing treatments protocols, complex cases, or discuss new psycho- pharmacology research articles from USA and around the world to enhance our treatments protocols
· 3 patients per hour
Who We Are Looking For
· Recent graduates
· Experienced mid-levels who have worked in other fields
· Mid-levels looking to work in a relaxed and intellectually stimulating environment
· A desire to learn
· A "team player"
· Above all show intrinsic excellence and a desire to perform quality work with the BEST standard of care to patients
· PA experience: 1 year
· Competitive salary
· Paid vacations
· Additional benefits are being implemented currently - health insurance, 401K, etc.
About Our Practice
· We treat adults and children, with diagnoses such as ADHD, anxiety disorders, the whole spectrum of mood disorders, autism spectrum; sleep issues, and we do some geriatric as well.
· We accept very limited cases of schizophrenia, unless they are very young or geriatric, to maintain a quiet, relaxed, and absolutely non-violent environment.
· Disrespect, non-compliance, medication abuse, and aggressive behavior to staff are causes for immediate patient termination from the practice.
· Our approach is to use the most elegant and advanced treatments in psychopharmacology.
· We are geared to less medications burden, encouraging no caffeine and absolutely NO alcohol or drugs.
· Looking for less adverse events and overall increased effectiveness.
· We have established specific protocols to treat different conditions to avoid the "trial and error" approach.
Apply today to learn more about this exciting opportunity at a great practice!!
· PA experience: 1 year
· P.A. experience: 1 year
Required license or certification: