Kelsey-Seybold Mohs Physician Assistant Job Description
Kelsey-Seybold is actively seeking a Dermatology Physician Assistant with the desire to focus on Mohs surgery at our Tanglewood Clinic. The provider extender will work in a clinic setting supporting the organizations single Mohs surgeon. Day to Day practice encompasses mohs surgery consultation, excisional surgeries, cosmetic procedures, and post-op visits. It is the expectation that the physician assistant will extend the reach of the attending physician in an effort to more effectively and efficiently provide optimum care to the Kelsey-Seybold patient population.
- The ideal candidate will be a Physician Assistant for a minimum of 1 year experience
- Mohs experience is preferred
- Dermatology or related plastics experience preferred Has the ability to facilitate and incorporate the full breadth of PA training into the practice
- Able to perform high level medical judgement and decision making skills
- Capable of obtaining excellent dermatological skill
- Has experience or is capable of obtaining training in cosmetic procedures (fillers and botox)
- Licensed by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners
- Must be current in BCLS and ACLS
General Responsibilities & Office Duties:
- Assists with Mohs Surgery
- Performs specific duties delineated by primary attending surgeon
- Participates in communication with the Mohs surgeon, nurses, coordinators and medical assistants in coordinating patient care
- Completes scheduling and follow-up protocols.
- Assists in the preoperative assessment and preparation of the necessary paperwork and orders for scheduled cases.
- Performs excisions, closures, and suture removal with minimal supervision
- Performs minor surgical procedures without in-room supervision
- Performs surgical consultations
- Performs post-op visits independently
- Performs clinic encounters independent of the surgeon