Radiology Partners Gulf Coast is seeking a Radiology Physician Assistant who will assist our radiologists in the management of patients for both the hospital and practice. Position may travel between multiple facilities. Responsible for participation in departmental and hospital programs for quality assessment and improvement, identifying opportunities to improve services, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with Radiology Partners goals.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Primary role is to be physician extender/substitute for minor procedures
• Assist in the performance of direct patient care services, including inpatient consults and inpatient rounding.
• Schedule patients for procedures including pre-authorizations, working with other facilities to coordinate procedures as needed, processing orders, sending reports back to referring doctors
• Perform physical examinations, determine medical histories, diagnose and treat illnesses and/or injuries
• Order and interpret laboratory and radiographic studies
• Perform or assist procedures such as: paracentesis and thoracentesis
• Perform image guided IV access
• Develop and implement patient management plans and record progress notes,
• Perform history and physical examinations of radiology patients
• Field phone calls from patients, referring physicians, nurses and other health care professionals regarding patients to identify potential areas of concern in the medical management of the patients.
• Educate patients on their medical care
• Other duties as assigned
DESIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Licensed as a Physician Assistant in the state of Texas
• Graduate AMA accredited program
• One year Physician Assistant experience
• Certification by the National Commission of Physician Assistants
• Certified to perform Basic Life Support and ACLS