Compensation/benefits: License renewals (Tx Med &DEA), Paid MP, Group Health/Life/Dental/Vision, Yearly CME allowance, PTO & paid holidays
Job Classification Job Category: Physician Assistant-Full Time
Physician Assistant Job Responsibilities: Promotes and maintains health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
Physician Assistant Job Duties:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient EMR (ECW) records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Physician Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication & Self-Development.
Busy family practice in NW (Cypress) Houston. We are looking for bright, talented, professional, hardworking & friendly people to join our team.
Our patient base includes:
• Adult • Children • Pediatrics • Geriatrics • We have excellent benefits to offer: • Group Health, Dental, Vision & Life • Paid License renewals • Paid Malpractice • PTO • CME Allowance-Yearly • Paid Holidays
We see pediatrics to geriatrics daily. Acute illnesses, adult/children physicals, WWE as well as some in office procedures.
We offer a friendly environment, skilled staff with friendly and approachable physicians.
New Graduates welcome. Please contact us for an interview.