In collaboration with the Attending Intensivist, the Advanced Practice Provider is responsible for the assessment and management of patients admitted to the LTACH’s ICU for ICU related care as well urgent/emergent patients in other Hospital areas based on rapid response protocols and intensivist direction. This is a unique opportunity to combine traditional care and innovative telemedicine care. We are looking for a full-time Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to join our telemedicine team in a medical ICU. Ideal candidates will have Critical Care experience and be comfortable in an autonomous clinical environment. Duties include inpatient rounds, rehab, following with laboratory and imaging studies, writing admission and daily progress notes, and rounding with physicians. Physician coverage is a combination of telemedicine and in-person supervision. If you are looking for a new challenge and experience this may be the ideal opportunity.
Essential Job Functions: The Staff Intensivist’s duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
: 1. Rendering critical care services on behalf of patients in the Hospital’s ICU treating all patients consistently with the facilities available, the standards established in the medical community, and applicable law
2. Adhering to all scheduling requirements.
3. Actively participating in all educational activities as required by the Hospital and/or The Intensivist Group related to critical care and/or for compliance with applicable law
4. Actively participating in quality management activities of the Intensivist Program including, but not limited to, the development and implementation of responsive, efficient treatment protocols for commonly treated conditions and evidence-based guidelines.
5. Preparing and completing all of the usual and customary patient records and forms involved in the practice of critical care medicine, all such documentation to be completed promptly, legibility and accurately
6. Actively participate in all medical and audit activities performed within the Hospital, including the Intensivist Program, including but not limited to, analysis of protocol outliers and inefficient outcomes
7. Maintaining the confidentiality of all patient-related information
Requirements: The Staff Intensivist must possess the following educational and work-related experience including but not limited to:
1. Board-certified or Board-Eligible Critical Care Medicine physician
2. Commitment to excellence in clinical service
3. Time-management, forward-thinking and problem solving abilities conducive to a healthcare hospital-based setting
4. Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-disciplinary work environment
5. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to diverse audiences, including but not limited to, coworkers, physicians and nursing staff, patients, families of patients and hospital administrators